Right now my goal is to complete the following tasks to earn my title as junkmaster Leslie. I will update this page as I accomplish each task. I started this idea on March 18, 2012 so please give me some time to get the tasks done. :)
JUNKMASTER CURRICULUM BASICS
Junkmaster Leslie in Training must accomplish the following tasks to earn her certificate in junkmastering.
1. Field experience: visit at least five salvage yards. I've been to countless flea markets and thrift stores, but a junkmaster needs to know her salvage yards. Already on that list is Tampa Bay Salvage,
Schiller's Salvage, Sarasota Architectural Salvage, Adam and Eve's Salvage, and Victoria's Antique Warehouse.
3. Tuition and fees: Own at least 25 salvaged items.
4. Research: Become an expert in a field of antiques (subject will be decided later. Do I want to be an expert in art deco clocks, Steiff Bears, weight scales, Florida memorabilia...)
5. Project: Have one room in my house full of antique and salvaged furniture. That means not ONE item can be new from the store.
10. Internship Experience: Visit salvage yards and antique shops in another state (geographically speaking, not state of mind).